Sunday, March 15, 2009

Reflection, reflection, reflection....

I am just so strapped for time! I am trying my best to do what is expected of me but I can no longer keep up. I have had no time to create those wonderful projects that I so wished I could. I am just reminscing about last Spring when Dr. Herman Michel said that there will be obstacles and challenges to overcome while in this program (Masters). I really believe it now! Just got back from 3 busy days in Skt'n with my four high school boys who went to compete at the Science Fair. The seniors won second and the Intermediate level got 1st! Now am awaiting to go to Skt'n again for my baby boy's potential surgery on Wednesday. My boy is 15 but he's still a baby to me. I am just trying to relay some of my hardships so that people understand why I simply don't have the time to respond to your blogs and other projects you have posted, unlike myself I am glad that other students are on track and doing well (just a general statement for everybody out there) I promise that when things are a bit peaceful in my life that I will catch up with you someday and maybe a bit more of a collaborator.

My presentation on-line is abit short but otherwise a presentation. My major project is not what I expected, there's a lot of static in my voice and not a whole lot of resources that I wished I could have included. Now I am just trying to figure out how to invite respondents to comment on the questions I asked. I did one English version and one Cree version, in hopes that maybe an Elder could just comment on how he/she understands the translation of the Medicine Wheel.
I am currently still trying to record my voice in the other slides but I am having technical problems, somebody ruined my ear and mike set,hopefully I can get a set tomorrow.

Well everybody wish me luck on my assignments.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the students for showing courage and determination to share their strengths and knowledge, not to mention in front of strangers! Thanks for taking the time to mentor the students.

    Good wishes for a speedy recovery to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the tremendous courage you have taken to learn and step out of the box and try new things. Give yourself credit for doing all of that while also dealing with the human side of parenting, teaching and being there for other friends and family.

    If only we could drop everything else and just focus on our learning. But, it doesn't work that way, and perhaps that is best for all.

    ReplyDelete