Sunday, March 22, 2009

What Have I Learned?

Well one thing for sure, if not a few! I have learned a whole new way of utilizing the computer with the help of Web 2.0 tools. I have created wikis, blogs, twitter, & voicethreads to enhance my delivery of educational concepts in the most motivating, if not in a captivating way! This is the way of learning! I just found out on Friday that I will be teaching the grade nine's computer skills. I can't wait! With what I have learned in this short span of time, I can truly say that I can utilize the skills that I have learned in this class with the grade nines.

One of the most frustrating things that I encountered in this class is not being able to fully put 100% of my potential into what I could have done. Now that this class is over I can find the time to do work. I have been alone for the passed couple of days and I have had the opportunity to thoroughly go over the final project of one of the other participants in the class. I guess I like to see other peoples work and enjoy what they have created.

I will have to be more of a risk taker, as I became afraid to download stuff when my computer crashed or perhaps purchase a better software to get rid of viruses. My computer is still in the computer hospital, hopefully my pictures can at least be saved. I guess that was one terrible experience for me during this course.

I am going to try out the PD with the staff and see who's interested: 23 things. I like to get everybody on board as I can see that there is alot of potential to deliver courses to students who can't come to school due to personal circumstances.

It would be another way to keep in touch with those students who have left the community to be with family away at university. Lots and lots of things that can be done to make learning fun, interesting, and meaningful. Those are the things that I have learned in this class.

1 comment:

  1. It is exciting to think that you will be teaching computer skills to Gr. 9's. Since computer is not a curriculum area, think of approaching it as a digital literacy class. I suggest you try to sue some of the resources in the Reading on the Web wiki and the Information Literacy resources. I will make sure they are listed on the resources link on our class wiki.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete